Can't set mp3's as ringtones or notifications. why??

Miscellaneous items: shell scripts, improved makefiles, and things that just don't fit anywhere else.
kevinmanuel

Can't set mp3's as ringtones or notifications. why??

Post by kevinmanuel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 am

Hi,

I've rebooted and rebooted the phone and used "Media Scanner" from the Play store to refresh the media on the sd card so that the system will recognize they are there. Yet the mp3 in the Ringtones folder does NOT show up in the ringtones list. At one point (when I was rooted) it showed up fine. But since system reset (and subsequent unrooting) I can no longer use custom ringtones or notifications. My notifications are in /SD Card/Media/Notifications/song.mp3. I've tried putting the ringtones/notification mp3's in just /SD Card/Ringtones and /SD Card/Notifications but neither of those work either. I'm at a loss. I really don't like any of the (many) included ringtones or notifications so I want to use my own. Is this a problem with my phone, sd card or song files even though I can easily play these files in any media player on my phone and on my computer??

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://androidforums.com/threads/cant- ... hy.717114/
Business video animation company

Thanks

kevinmanuel

Re: Can't set mp3's as ringtones or notifications. why??

Post by kevinmanuel » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 am

Hi,

I've rebooted and rebooted the phone and used "Media Scanner" from the Play store to refresh the media on the sd card so that the system will recognize they are there. Yet the mp3 in the Ringtones folder does NOT show up in the ringtones list. At one point (when I was rooted) it showed up fine. But since system reset (and subsequent unrooting) I can no longer use custom ringtones or notifications. My notifications are in /SD Card/Media/Notifications/song.mp3. I've tried putting the ringtones/notification mp3's in just /SD Card/Ringtones and /SD Card/Notifications but neither of those work either. I'm at a loss. I really don't like any of the (many) included ringtones or notifications so I want to use my own. Is this a problem with my phone, sd card or song files even though I can easily play these files in any media player on my phone and on my computer??

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://androidforums.com/threads/cant- ... hy.717114/
Business video animation company

Thanks